Regional Delegates Program for linux.conf.au 2013
Linux Australia is restarting the Regional Delegates Program from previous years. These grants aim to reduce the financial barriers to attending linux.conf.au 2013, by subsidising the registration and travel costs of contributors to the FOSS community who are students, on a low income, and others who would otherwise have difficulty affording the cost of attending the conference.
[…] Applicants will be selected on the following criteria:
- Participation in FOSS projects – art, hardware, software, documentation
- Reason for attending linux.conf.au
- Area of study
- Voluntary or paid work in IT
- Future plans/projects in mind
- Membership of FOSS related groups eg. a LUG, Linux Australia, LinuxChix, a Hackerspace, Wikipedia, OWOOT etc.
Applications close January 1 and notifications will be sent January 14. See the program webpage for how to apply and more information on criteria.